Nursing Care of Children:
Principles & Practice,
Susan R. James, RN, PhD(c);
and Jean W. Ashwill, MSN, RN
Prepare your students for the NCLEX® exam and clinical success with the perfect choice for concise, focused coverage of common pediatric conditions – Nursing Care of Children: Principles & Practice, 3rd Edition. It features new and unique learning tools and just the right level of detail for the most effective approach to pediatric nursing in condensed courses:
- NEW Companion CD packaged with every text enhances learning with visually engaging animations,
video clips, and NCLEX review questions.
- Clinical Reference sections highlight basic anatomy and physiology, pediatric differences, common diagnostic tests, and frequently prescribed medications for quick reference during clinical preparation.
- Pathophysiology boxes provide an important review to help students understand therapeutic management of common conditions.
- Critical Thinking Exercises test student comprehension and practical application skills with a variety of challenging clinical scenarios.
- Communication Cues and Want to Know boxes provide helpful strategies for enhancing communication with patients, families, and other health care professionals.